Chapin Intellectual Property Law, LLC is always interested in hearing from experienced professionals and paralegals/administrative assistants who have an interest in working with our firm.
For attorneys, we are seeking experienced, outgoing and energetic Patent Attorneys or Patent Agents with a minimum of three years of quality patent drafting and prosecution experience from a law firm or corporation. A formal degree in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering or related area is preferred, as well as Engineering work experience (e.g. software, electronics, computer-related or mechanical engineering experience). Experience in a variety of technical areas is welcome. We have a variety of clients dealing with various technology areas such as:
- Software and/or computer related technologies (e.g. Software Application Development, Networks/Data Communications, Internet development, Database, Data Storage systems, Graphics and/or Signal Processing, Mobile Devices, Mobile Apps, Imaging, Data Centers, etc.)
- Communications (e.g. TCP/IP, Internet Networking, PSTN, Broadband, WiFi, Cellular, Protocols, Systems, etc.)
- Electronics (e.g. Circuit Design, Analog and Digital Electronics, Electro-mechanical, Electronic and Electromechanical Sensors, Hardware Design, etc.)
- Medical Devices (e.g. Surgical Devices, Orthopedics, Medical Imaging, Medical Software, CT Scanning, Radiology, etc.)
- Material Science (e.g. Semiconductors, Materials Engineering)
- Physics / Mechanical Engineering (e.g. Robotics, Instrumentation, Laboratory Equipment, Optics, Nanotechnologies)
The firm provides a relaxed and casual metro-west work environment in Southborough, MA, just west of Framingham at the intersection of Rtes. 9, 495 and the Mass. Pike, providing a stress-free suburban commute with easy highway access. Our modern building includes a health facilities and plenty of parking. The Firm provides an excellent benefit package to all employees including Health and Dental insurance paid in full by the Firm, a generous vacation and holiday package, flexible work schedules and part-time opportunities. Importantly, the firm promotes a positive team-oriented relaxed work environment!
For attorneys, portable client business is not required to join the firm, however more experienced people including senior associates, corporate patent attorneys and/or partner-levels (that may or may not have their own portable clients) are encouraged to contact the firm about opportunities. The firm intends to expand into the Bio-technology and physical chemistry patent areas as well - if interested, please inquire.
Compensation is very competitive and the work environment is casual (jeans are the norm, flexible hours, part-time opportunities if requested, etc.), and does away with the extreme billable demands and billable-hour pressure characteristic of larger downtown firms. All of our patent attorneys have experience (there are no entry levels in the firm) from several of the largest and most respected patent law firms in New England.
Please email your resume and writing sample to Patents@Chapin-IP-Law.com
to be considered for any available opportunities.